Sunday, January 14, 2007

The sweet sound of metal on metal

My official NPR calendar (thank you, Jenny!) tells me that today is National Dress Up Your Pet Day. It is also the 20th anniversary of Weekend Edition Sunday, which they celebrated on air this morning by phoning up Liane Hansen (the regular host, currently on sabbatical) only to have her ask, "Do you want to know what I'm wearing right now?" (The answer, thankfully, was 'comfy pyjamas'; but I definitely felt a moment of awkward silence there before she said so.)

We enjoyed this weekend by having Paul & Julie Lorah over for dinner and games on Saturday. While cleaning up afterwards, I managed to grind up some steel measuring spoons in the garbage disposal. There's nothing quite so heartwarming as the sound of metal chewing on metal... Luckily we managed to pick 95% of the pieces out w/ kitchen tongs, so don't tell our landlords about it, okay? This is gonna just be our little secret: you, me, and the Internet.

No comments: