Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A+ Carbon Footprint

I was just going through some of my bills (all on-line of course!) and I came across a nifty little tool to help compare my energy usage with "similar" homes. It asked my a bunch of questions about type of home, when it was built, appliances that use electricity or gas, square footage, etc. Having collected all that information it plots where Susan and I stand compared to other homes that fit the same profile.

Here are the results:

We get this tool from our utility company, Puget Sound Energy. Despite some recent problems, PSE is pretty good overall. Maybe your carrier provides something similar

If not, you should check out this post on climate change (here's the ArsTechnica article it's based on) or see if Zerofootprint has a calculator for your energy footprint.

No comments: