Sunday, May 20, 2007

14.8, baby!

These days, every time I sit down to write all I can think about is roller derby. I just got back from one of those practices where I really feel like I'm improving; the kind that keep me craving more (as opposed to the practices where I feel like I'm plateauing and my endurance is nil). I still can't believe I've found a way to exercise that I actually enjoy! My form felt good tonight, my endurance was up; now I just have to figure out how to stop getting foot cramps!! (grrrr)

Tonight we had to do push-ups until I literally couldn't lift myself off the ground anymore (I don't think I'm gonna be able to raise my arms above my head tomorrow). Thumper started singing a call-and-response song while we were doing it and it totally made my night. We also timed each skater doing 1 lap around the rink; my time was 14.8 seconds (thank you, freshly-cleaned bearings). Here's to being able to beat that a month from now.

Rat City Rollergirls tryouts are in 9 days. I'm so curious to see what they're going to be like, and who's going to get picked. I hope all the PFM can be supportive of each other and happy for whichever ones of us make it, rather than catty and jealous. We're planning to go out for drinks afterward to celebrate the new Fresh Meat. Cross your fingers for me...

No comments: